I'm currently a green card holder and have been for the past 10 years, my green card will expire soon. I am planning on getting a fiancé visa for my fiancé, but I'm not sure if I have to be a U.S citizen for three years before we are allowed to marry?!

9 months ago 2


  1. Brother_Hesekiel

    You don't have to be a US citizen at all to get married. But if you want to petition for your fiance's K-1, you'll have to be a US citizen indeed. As a Green Card holder you can only petition for a spouse, which would mean you'd have to get married first.

  2. Borel

    You have to be a citizen to get a fiancee visa you need to file for citizenship if you green care has at least 6 months on it ... less then you have to replace that first

Leave A Reply

 Prev Questions

Next Questions